Day 121 – May 01, 2014 – Thursday
First Hummingbird sighting of the year!
• It was very nice in the morning and early afternoon, with a mix of clouds and sunshine, but then it became completely cloudy for the rest of the afternoon, except for a few peeks of sun this evening. It was also cool and breezy.
• probably still wet
Temperature – from my weather station, in degrees Fahrenheit (F) and/or Celsius (C)
• High: 65.4 F (12:03 pm)
• Low : 47.6 F (6:57 am)
Temperature – official from TV, in degrees Fahrenheit
• High: 58
• Low : 44
Humidity Maximum and Minimum
• 72 % RH
• 42 % RH
• Things are really growing nicely.
• woodpecker – downy, in the cherry trees
• hummingbird(s) – the first one I’ve seen this year, on the hummingbird feeder in the Patio Garden about 11:30 am, this afternoon I saw another one (or the same one?) on the feeder in the Hummingbird Garden, I think both of them were females, and another sighting later
• european starling
• cardinal – male
• duck – one flying
• black-capped chickadee
• squirrels – 3, and I’m pretty sure I saw 2 of them mating on the flat part of the big branch at the top of the hill