October 10, 2010
- High: 83.3 F (4:21 PM)
- Low: 58.1 F (8:02 AM)
- Humidity: 39%, 38%
- Sunny, nice, warm.
- Black-capped Chickadee (1)
- Cardinals (too dark to see how many or which ones)
- Crow(s) (didn’t see them, but heard them)
- Silver-spotted Skipper (1) – on patio side of house
- Cabbage Whites (2 or 3) – 2 on Aster, 1 on patio side of house
- Sulphur (1) – on Aster
- Tinies (2) – on Aster
- Bees (lots of bees on the Aster)
- Ash Tree – Has turned color and has lost quite a few leaves. The colors may not be quite as bright as some years because it has been (and still is) so dry. Photo (see below).
- Boneset - See Yardwork below
Yardwork: Spread some grass seed on parts of the lawn. Spread some organic fertilizer on parts of the lawn. Then I used the leaf blower on reverse to vacuum up and turn the leaves into mulch. And then I pulled up a bunch of Boneset plants from my photo bed – they are coming up all over the place!