October 22, 2010
- High: 61.5 F (4:54 PM)
- Low: 37.7 F (7:41 AM)
- Humidity: 43%, 36%
- Beautiful, clear sunny blue skies. Possible first frost of the season. I was told there was frost on the roof. Don’t know if there was frost on the ground.
Birds, Butterflies, Animals: Too busy to observe much today
- Aster – looks like it has about finished blooming
- Joe Pye – looks like it has about finished blooming
October 19, 2010
- High: 61.8 F (3:54 PM)
- Low: 43.8 F (8:04 AM)
- Humidity: 46%
- A beautiful, sunny, afternoon with scattered small clouds. Breezy.
Birds: [didn’t have much time for observing today]
- Black-capped Chickadees (2)
- Cardinals (young female, male)
Plants: [these are just what I happened to notice that are still blooming]
- Joe Pye (but fading fast)
- Verbena (a little)
October 10, 2010
Ash Tree showing fall colors
- High: 83.3 F (4:21 PM)
- Low: 58.1 F (8:02 AM)
- Humidity: 39%, 38%
- Sunny, nice, warm.
- Black-capped Chickadee (1)
- Cardinals (too dark to see how many or which ones)
- Crow(s) (didn’t see them, but heard them)
- Silver-spotted Skipper (1) – on patio side of house
- Cabbage Whites (2 or 3) – 2 on Aster, 1 on patio side of house
- Sulphur (1) – on Aster
- Tinies (2) – on Aster
- Bees (lots of bees on the Aster)
- Ash Tree – Has turned color and has lost quite a few leaves. The colors may not be quite as bright as some years because it has been (and still is) so dry. Photo (see below).
- Boneset - See Yardwork below
Yardwork: Spread some grass seed on parts of the lawn. Spread some organic fertilizer on parts of the lawn. Then I used the leaf blower on reverse to vacuum up and turn the leaves into mulch. And then I pulled up a bunch of Boneset plants from my photo bed – they are coming up all over the place!